Euanthia Galani - The doctor who fights cancer

Dr. Galani is Professor of Oncology and Director of the Department of Molecular Medicine and Head of the Gene Therapy and Iotherapy Therapy Program at the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, and Adviser to the Food and Drug Administration of the United States (FDA) on therapeutic innovations.

Mrs. Galani was born and raised in Karditsa. But it all started when she was little, growing up in her father’s cinema and watching movies of the time. “My sisters and I were privileged: instead of watching TV at home, we had our own cinema. Among the films that shocked me was Coppola’s “Apocalypse Now”; I still have in my ears the music from Wagner’s “Valkyries”. And because “Asteria”, as it was called, was the only cinema in our city, all the great troupes that toured after the Metapolitism gave performances there. The place also hosted lectures. “I remember the great pedagogue and philosopher Evangelos Papanoutsos: and his speech, which had stuck me, and how close he was,” she said in an interview.

https://www.ellines.com

Popular posts from this blog

Melina Mercouri, The woman who made history